Monday, September 03, 2007

Potted fruits and vegetables

Pot Vegetables and Fruits


When some of my pot plants died due to neglect/water restrictions in our place, I decided to utilise the empty pots as storage for the citrus, apples, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and onions.

Citrus fruits and apples are 'must haves' in my dining room, kitchen and in our diets. The basic ingredients in my cooking are onions and garlic while the tomatoes are handy for instant vegetable for our meals. Lately, I’ve been adding ginger to my steamed broccoli and cauliflowers so gingers became a 'must have' too.

Since I am the chief chef at home, I prefer my ingredients to be at arms length and readily accessible. Having a busy family life, storing fruits and vegetables inside the pantry became quite impractical in my household as they never get cooked or eaten and just left to rot. They have to be seen to be used.

Eversince they became accessible in pots and displayed on the stairs, the housemates-hubby and 17 year old high school son- had started eating them too. They can just readily pick an apple or a mandarin on their way up or down those stairs - those steps by the way lead up to our lounge and down to our kitchen.

Ahh pots- they are just fantastic storage containers...


Other Potted Ideas from Pinoy Moms Network

Julie's flowers
Raqgold's Potted Memory
Cookie's different kind of pot :razz:
KK's indoor and outdoor pots
Rach's Flowers and a Smile
Lynn's Pot Shots
Lady Cess' The Best Tea
Feng's Tagaytay Pics
Analyse's Life isn't easy being a nomad
Purple Girl's Coffee Alamid
Mitch's very edible photos
Noemi's Ceramic Fondue Pot
Vicky's Potted Fruits and Vegetables
Dine's anything potted in Bhutan and Capalonga