Sunday, April 30, 2006

baguio inspiration




When I was home(baguio)last time, there was a plant and landscape exhibit in Camp John Hay. There was an excellent display of landscape samples and plant exhibition that are of international standards. I have watched the Chelsea (England), Sydney, Melbourne garden shows on lifestyle tv channel and the one in Baguio, if on a larger scale can easily compete with these prestigious shows. We have very talented gardeners and landscapers there. We also visited the Orchidarium in Burnham Park and my! this place had developed and grown. Of course, Baguio had always been known for its production of natural flowers, the Panagbenga (flower festival)roses, carnations, everlasting. Now they have the fashionable plants too like the succulents, the bromeliads and orchids. So when I came back to Australia I have decided to start my own plant propagation efforts at home and I will concentrate on my favourite geraniums and succulents while David decided on propagating orchids. We have started by going to a couple of orchid shows in Brisbane and the Gold Coast and preparing the backyard on our days off from work.
Pictures were from the John Hay Exhibits sometime in February 2006